of suspicious blood measurement from many athletes in track and field much as the scandals in Cycling.
- commercial and client confidentiality,
- their sales performance, ( not just sales number but activity)
- and the claims of their offer.
Of course it is not only the sales’ side whose authenticity is questioned. Authentic buying is similarly challenged.
It is not unknown for a ‘influencer’ to put on a 'big time act' as if the final decision rests with them , or to claim they can afford something when they don’t have the final authority to do so or the budget oversight .
Here are some aspects, qualities they might look for the authentic sell
- Your capability and true intention
- Your approach to focused and genuine enquiry
- Your collaborative crafting of your offering
- That you are the 'real deal'
- That you actions are truly client oriented
- That you use authentic approaches
- That you are constantly developing, adapting and improving your influence and persuasion skills
- Tat you say no to manipulation
4. Listen with patience and interest .Avoid arguing and lecturing your client.
Know your authentic ABCU
As you listen to your client responding to the questions you ask, your brain will give you ideas about how you might help. In a typical conversation, you’d probably offer these ideas as they occurred to you. In an authentic sales conversation with your client, don’t blurt out your ideas as they occur to you. Wait and "stay in the question."
Are you a T , an M or a G?
Here are 5 steps to bring out your inner Giver
- What’s your mindset about your buyers and selling to them?
- What are your skill levels for selling, problem-solving, influencing, persuading, and negotiating without manipulation? Take this sales knowledge and skills audit
- Where you can improve the most?
- How can you bridge the gap between your knowledge and field practise ?
- For those in your company who interact with your clients and prospective clients… how well do they do the above? Selling skills for non sales
- How can you (and your colleagues, manager, and sales support team) raise everyone’s level this year? Add this blog to your favourites