Her presentation at the ISMM's www.ismm.co.uk Successful Selling 2011 had the performance energy and zest of a Lisa Minelli - no holding back and personable.
It never hurts sales people to try and see their sell from the Buyer's perspective.
However, what Sharon focused on was on a more holistic approach and in particualr to acknowlege how the Buyers' systems thinking needs to be understood by salespeople. The Buying Cycle in not necessarilty synchronised with Sales' view of the Buyng journey.
- The Problem will not be recognised by the Buyer Team until it is seem as part of the Buying system.
- Change can't be seen to cause to mushc disruption or there will be no purchase regardless o fthe need.
- The ENTIRE Buying decision team need to be on board and have a VOICE
- We are entering too soon into the buying journey
- We treat the needs we have identified as isolated events not within in the whole picture
- We have not identified what's happening behind the scenes - politics and relationship issues.
- We have not identified the change management implications
- e have not acknowledge how the Buying team forms, storms and reforms is the whole length of the Buying Cycle
- We ignore our role as decision facilitator
We will never understand Buyers until we understand their system.